Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President Barack Obama!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Dayam...I knew nothing about tonight's 60 Minutes interview until TK's post. Fortunately the entire interview is HERE, broken up into 3 links.
    It was pre-empted by a football game for over 20 minutes (from where I am currently), so it's possible you didn't miss much by trying to watch it at its regularly scheduled time (sorry, football fans!).

Comment

I saw a CBS promo in advance, so was able to watch the whole hour. It was absolutely excellent, and a nice balance of political and personal questions and answers. Barack alone for the political segment, then joined by Michelle.
      The entire hour was Obama, except for Andy Rooney's little segment at the end. I usually don't like Rooney, but his comments last night were excellent -- about newspapers versus TV, radio and the internet. Very valid points. Don't know if there's a transcript online or not.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
        There's now talk about Obama being staunchly anti-gun.

A lot of gun enthusiasts are in a panic-buy mode, fearing that Obama will take their guns away. So they're buying all the guns they can get.

What these people forget is that the president can't just declare an edict and make something like that happen. It has to go through Congress and the Senate. And even then it can be challenged by the Judiciary.
        The same fraidy-cat mentallity arises every time a Dem get's elected.
        Most of these are the same ones that already have more munitions than they can count, (over 2...).

Obama has stated he's going to use his 'special powers of the president' to get past the political process' stallings and inact urgent measures on some important matters. I doubt he's worrying about guns right now, except those to be used against him.

When the Government wishes to fully take over our lives, it won't need to worry about Abner and his house full of bangers, as they have techniques that will render the holdouts into throbbing jelly from long distance.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
          Obama says, during the 60 Minutes interview, that he supports a college football playoff, and will "throw his weight around" to help make it happen.

That's good.
          Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Dayam...I knew nothing about tonight's 60 Minutes interview until TK's post. Fortunately the entire interview is HERE, broken up into 3 links.
          I enjoyed the links to the interview; a thoughtful start to my morning. Thanks, TK and TS, for your info and links.

President-elect Obama has been charming and interesting in every interview I have seen, and this one was no different. Now I will be very interested to see how he "closes" the prison at Guantanamo, and what will happen to the terrorists housed there. I do agree with his concerns about torture. I found this and this listing some of the potential problems. I don't see it happening soon.

Now the college football playoffs, that's another story!

Comment

Barack Obama Draws a Crowd...on 60 Minutes

Comment

Net Neutrality Advocates In Charge Of Obama Team Review of FCC

IMO, This is great news. I believe net neutrality is essential for a free society of the 21st century.

I hope this is the right thread for post-election Obama discussions of policy, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                The entire hour was Obama, except for Andy Rooney's little segment at the end. I usually don't like Rooney, but his comments last night were excellent -- about newspapers versus TV, radio and the internet. Very valid points. Don't know if there's a transcript online or not.
                But you can watch it at this link.

Comment

Barack Obama (and his family) are still researching and deciding on what kind of puupy to get.
                  Obama has already taken more time choosing a puppy than John McCain took in choosing a running mate.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Obama has already taken more time choosing a puppy than John McCain took in choosing a running mate.
                    I like the comparison. I can imagine Sen. McCain's campaign team saying to him: "All right, John - you picked her, you have to clean up after her!"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      I like the comparison. I can imagine Sen. McCain's campaign team saying to him: "All right, John - you picked her, you have to clean up after her!"
                      ...and swat her nose with one of the many newspapers she reads so she doesn't do it again!

With regard to the puppy, didn't Michele Obama say that getting a puppy was contingent upon settling into the White House first and that the girls knew that from the beginning?

Comment

Awwwww.....Mo-o-o-ommmmm!

(Where's the pouting emoticon?) Stomp-stomp-stomp...

Comment

On Ellen's season opener in Sept., Michelle Obama was her first guest. The puppy was discussed and, in anticipation of a favorable election outcome, Ellen gave Michelle and family an early housewarming present...a dog house. And, not just any dog house, mind you! It was a replica of the White House! The roof was hinged for opening and easy cleaning. Inside was a family portrait on one wall and a portrait of Ellen on another wall! There was also a rug and a doggy poncho, each with the presidential seal! Very creative...and, now, very usable!

Comment

How about Brian the Dog on Family Guy?

Comment

LIMA, Peru — Completely bald and older than the Incas, the Peruvian hairless dog seems like an odd fit for the White House.

But Peruvians are mindful of President-elect Barack Obama's preference for a hypoallergenic breed due to his daughter Malia's allergies _ and say the dark, rough-skinned pooch with large ears and a pointy snout could be just the solution.

At his first postelection news conference on Friday, Obama said choosing a pet dog for his daughters is a "major issue."

"It has to be hypoallergenic. On the other hand, our preference would be to get a shelter dog, but a lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me," the president-elect said.

The Friends of the Peruvian Hairless Dog Association responded on Monday, sending a letter to the U.S. Embassy in Peru offering the Obama family a 4-month-old pup that responds to "Machu Picchu," the name of Peru's famed Inca citadel.

"My family also has suffered from ... not being able to have a pet because my son and I are asthmatic, so we thought it would be ideal for him (Obama) to have a dog like ours," said association president Claudia Galvez.

Galvez, who has lived with six dogs of the breed for eight years, says being hairless has its benefits: The dogs are flealess and relatively odorless, too.

They were kept as pets during the Inca empire and depictions of the breed appear in 1,200-year-old, pre-Inca artwork.

The hairless dog was long scorned for its appearance before it was recognized internationally as the official Peruvian dog.

Ouch!, that's one uuuuuuugly dog! Matapule's eyes are watering!
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post

Ouch!, that's one uuuuuuugly dog! Matapule's eyes are watering!
                                Oh my! This one must be hapa...he has hair!

Matapule is right. Yugly!

Comment

Working...
                                X