This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longs to become CVS?

A better question to ask would be along the lines of the pharmacy operation. If I am traveling to places where CVS has a store like in Amarillo Texas for example would I be able to get my prescriptions refilled there?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      A better question to ask would be along the lines of the pharmacy operation. If I am traveling to places where CVS has a store like in Amarillo Texas for example would I be able to get my prescriptions refilled there?
      I dunno. How are their network?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

hi this is sansei and im hoping that even though CVS bought long's that Long's will keep the same policy as Long's otherwise when i shop there,thing's will be awkard there and not sure if i'd shop there again if thing's get changed as policy wise.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

what kinds of policies are you speaking of, sansei?
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I've heard that you have to take a 'personality test' when you apply with Longs. Does anyone know if that's true? I've never taken one of those as a condition to employment. I would imagine it would be easy to cheat and skew your responses to show you have strong, positive characteristics.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
              just a question: why is it that when you need to hand the cashier (not just at long's) your credit card or i.d., do they kind of flick it on the counter instead of handing it back to you?
              Hmm...maybe you could elaborate a little. Unless you’re at a restaurant, I can’t think of a situation where you would “hand over your credit card” to the cashier (since automation and modern technology have made it the customer’s responsibility to ‘swipe’ their own card), but I suppose the I.D. thing could be a bit irritating.

Having worked at a grocery store, I would say that clerks normally don’t need your I.D. until they scan a liquor, cigarette or pseudoephedrine-containing drug item. At that time, the cash register’s computer screen asks the clerk to key in your birthdate. So perhaps you were giving them an I.D. before they needed it? I would imagine they put it on the counter for later use, rather then hand it back to you, and have you prematurely bury it in your purse.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

sometimes the cashier asks to see the credit card and/or an i.d. when a credit card purchase is made. i hand over my credit card as the i.d. because it has my pic on it. also, sometimes when the purchaser tries and fails to swipe the card or even the gift card, the cashier can complete the transaction.

funny, the other day we were buying beer at long's and paid by credit card. but, before the transaction was completed the cashier asked for an i.d. to verify the birthdate. we both looked at eachother and started laughing as we are in our mid-late forties. we thanked her for the compliment. must be genetics--we look young for our ages if i do say so myself.
                "chaos reigns within.
                order shall return."

Comment

1. hi this is sansei and in response to kani-lehua,the policie's i speak of is if like long's,if you'd need to return something that maybe the package was damaged or something of this sort,will they honor this? Also i hope they keep the same price's and for the photo department that they will always have the long's photo processing lab so you could get your photo's printed up in a day or two,this is what i'd be speaking of. i hope this may help with your thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

i'm not certain of their return policies, sansei. or if they will keep the same ones in place. i could find out as i family and friends that work for long's at the district office and/or other locations. but, i'm really not into, "making long's a part of my day." (refer to previous posts). also, i would hope that because they, cvs, has better buying power, they would/could lower the prices and make them comparable to such stores as walgreen's and walmart.
                    Last edited by kani-lehua; August 17, 2008, 05:23 PM.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

just a question: why is it that when you need to hand the cashier (not just at long's) your credit card or i.d., do they kind of flick it on the counter instead of handing it back to you?
                      I have noticed this at the gym (24 Hour Fitness). Members are required to have an ID card scanned upon entry. I hand my card to the clerk and stand there with my hand out waiting for them to scan the card and hand it back. But instead of handing it to me, they usually drop it on the counter about six inches away from my hand so I have to pick it up off the counter. Very irritating.

It may be a cultural thing. In Asian cultures, the clerk passes the card with two hands as a show of respect. But in America, customer service seems to be a lost art (kind of like counting back change).

Comment

I've noticed this too! You hand the cashier your cc or id, into their hand, then when they're done with it, they drop it on the countertop right in front of you! Sometimes even right in front of your outstretched fingers. Maybe 1% of the time they will hand it back to you, into your hand.

Also, I always hand over my id with my cc, because a responsible clerk is always supposed to verify that the 'you' on your id is the same as the name on the credit card. Lots of times, they just throw my id back on the counter without even looking at it. Meh! That just makes fraudulent cc purchases easier for criminals!
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

why is it that when you need to hand the cashier (not just at long's) your credit card or i.d., do they kind of flick it on the counter instead of handing it back to you?
                          Originally posted by localmoco View Post
                          I hand my card to the clerk and stand there with my hand out waiting for them to scan the card and hand it back. But instead of handing it to me, they usually drop it on the counter about six inches away from my hand so I have to pick it up off the counter. Very irritating.
                          It may be a cultural thing. In Asian cultures, the clerk passes the card with two hands as a show of respect. But in America, customer service seems to be a lost art (kind of like counting back change).
                          Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          I've noticed this too! You hand the cashier your cc or id, into their hand, then when they're done with it, they drop it on the countertop right in front of you! Sometimes even right in front of your outstretched fingers. Maybe 1% of the time they will hand it back to you, into your hand.
                          Did you think I was kidding?
                          Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Cause they don't want to risk making physical (hand) contact with all you nasty customer-types? Ewwww.....
                          Many people in retail avoid physical contact with customers, in order to try not to pick up germs - especially when they spend much of their day watching customers sneeze and cough into their hands (and then come up to buy cold medications!) They deal with hundreds of people each day, and many have become a bit germophobic from all the exposure to the unwashed masses.

Comment

they already have had contact with the cards when it's handed to them. and, um, the germs would have been transferred to the cashier anyway while scanning the items to be purchased, no?

"exposure to the unwashed masses": egads! i don't want to even think about all the produce that's handled.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

they already have had contact with the cards when it's handed to them. and, um, the germs would have been transferred to the cashier anyway while scanning the items to be purchased, no?

"exposure to the unwashed masses": egads! i don't want to even think about all the produce that's handled.
                              Yeah - but surprisingly, quite a few think that actual skin-to-skin contact is far worse. The whole thing is a bit overblown, but the belief is astoundingly widespread amongst retail workers, especially in grocery store and drug store employees.

And that's why you always wash your produce before ingesting, yeah? Or is that more to remove pesticide residue than "human" bacterial residue? This is gettin' ickier by the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Yeah - but surprisingly, quite a few think that actual skin-to-skin contact is far worse. The whole thing is a bit overblown, but the belief is astoundingly widespread amongst retail workers, especially in grocery store and drug store employees.

And that's why you always wash your produce before ingesting, yeah? Or is that more to remove pesticide residue than "human" bacterial residue? This is gettin' ickier by the minute.
                                they might believe that skin-to-skin contact is far worse, but there's a lot of germies airborne that cause illnessess, too. nothing can be done about those. well, i guess, we/they could all wear masks. but then again, would a bank tell a customer to remove the mask upon entering the establishment? money's got to be one of the dirtiest things around that we hand to eachother (or so i'm told).

and then there are those who wear gloves who think that they remain sterile yet touch so many surfaces thereby contaminating the gloves. i've been to a sandwich shop where the maker was wearing gloves to prepare the sandwich and left them on while collecting another customer's money. then she proceeded to go and make more sandwiches. i walked out. the same thing happened at a burger joint. you are right, "is gettin' icker by the minute."
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                                X