X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longs to become CVS?

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
    that goes for many of the other stores as well!

customer service is relatively non existent. i did, however, get great service at the pali store's photo department. if i didn't have a gift card from long's, i wouldn't shop there at all.
    In my many years of experience at the Kaneohe Bay Shopping center Long's
    it has always been positive with friendly people who recognize you and are
    genuinely glad to see you. The pharmacy is particularly helpful and pleasant and they keep order with the line and such - especially if there is some snafu and you have to wait with everyone else who has a number and you don't they call you right ahead of them since you were there first.

And let's not forget the "coffee lady" she's cool and always so pleasant.

It has been irritating however with the remodel of the store and the confusion about where stuff is and how much since most shelf tags are not there anymore. I am just hoping it makes it a better store logistically and
    aesthetically.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Perhaps that is a by-product of how the H.K. Long's has (in my personal experience) some of the rudest and most unreasonable customers of any Long's store on this island.
      I'd love it if my polite inquiries at the Hawaii Kai Long's were at least recipricated with as much professional courtesy. I am not a demanding itbchy customer. The women in green smocks at the Hawaii Kai Longs demand absolute humility and reverance. Give me a break.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
        At Kahului Longs, the cashiers always ask, "Did you find everything you were looking for?" Just one time, I said... "No, I couldn't find ---". She said very sweetly, "Oh, that's too bad!"

I told my husband, why did she ask if she wasn't going to help? We just laughed about it, bcs it was so strange.
        The lady cashier was probably just copying what she hears at home during pillowtalk.
        Husband: "You get everything you were looking for?"
        Wife: "No..."
        Husband: "Oh, that's too bad!"
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
          That question is asked at a lot at other retailers. I've always wondered what would happen if I said what you said.
          I get the "So sorry!" response a lot at Home Depot and Lowes, too.

No one offers to bring in a manager or contact the department, not if that would slow them down from taking your money for whatever you did manage to find.
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            I'd love it if my polite inquiries at the Hawaii Kai Long's were at least recipricated with as much professional courtesy. I am not a demanding itbchy customer. The women in green smocks at the Hawaii Kai Longs demand absolute humility and reverance. Give me a break.
            I'm sorry, but if you made an inquiry, you qualify as a demanding itbchy customer. Just put your purchases on the counter, wait for the total and pay. A 'thank you', 'yes, maam/sir', 'no maam/sir' are allowed. Otherwise, no soup for YOU!
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Don't be surprised if in a few years CVS decides to put their own marketbrand here locally and get rid of the Longs name. A few years after the sale is complete and complacency has set, then the changes will happen.

Aj

Comment

i was just speaking from experience. believe me, i have/had several family members and friends that have worked for long's for decades and, like i said, i wouldn't patronize them if i didn't have a $500 gc. again, from my experience, kailua long's customer service is non existent.

here's a cute story though: a family member employed at one of the long's stores was asked by a customer where he could find the "chapstick." she directed him to the "chopstick" aisle. he went looking for her and as he pointed to his lips said, "no, chapstick not chopstick."

just a question: why is it that when you need to hand the cashier (not just at long's) your credit card or i.d., do they kind of flick it on the counter instead of handing it back to you?

nords: i haven't had any problems with lowe's or home depot. the best customer service that i've experienced within the last week was at ace/yamashiro's in kaneohe.
                Last edited by kani-lehua; August 13, 2008, 10:07 AM.
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                  just a question: why is it that when you need to hand the cashier (not just at long's) your credit card or i.d., do they kind of flick it on the counter instead of handing it back to you?
                  Cause they don't want to risk making physical (hand) contact with all you nasty customer-types? Ewwww.....

Comment

eh, i don't have cooties. lol.

the only thing i might share is a smile if it were reciprocated.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

Hopefully the CVS management will improve Longs here in Hawaii. The service totally sucks and if you complain they don't do anything about it. Even my doctors tell me not to pick up my prescriptions at Longs because they take so long. I can't wait to get Walgreens in Kaneohe. Just to get a peek at how a Hawaii Walgreens I drove down to Keaaumoku and purchased something from the pharmacy. I was floored.....they were sooooo friendly and helpful. Now where is the Aloha at Longs???

Comment

price check, price check on register 5: brawny paper towels were on sale for $11.99 regularly $14.99. price check, price check on register #5 (same transaction): safer brand insecticide for fruits and veggies had a sticker price of $5.69 ringing up at 8.99. total savings: $6.30 plus tax. keep a watchful eye as your items are being rung up. this happened at long's today, but is not isolated to their stores.

the customer before us was talking about cvs' takeover and was worried that things wouldn't be the same. the clerk told him not to worry and that everything would be just that. i hope not. just my opinion.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Cause they don't want to risk making physical (hand) contact with all you nasty customer-types? Ewwww.....
                          How about people like Howie Mandel who won't shake people's hands because he's germaphobe? Does he shake the contestant hands on the tv show?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            How about people like Howie Mandel who won't shake people's hands because he's germaphobe? Does he shake the contestant hands on the tv show?
                            Fist bump.

Comment

How will this change affect the "Made in Hawaii" products in Longs?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                How will this change affect the "Made in Hawaii" products in Longs?
                                If CVS is savvy, they shouldn't change anymore when Walgreen carry "Made in Hawaii" products or McDonald's offering saimin for lunch and spam or portuguese sausage & egg for breakfast.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X