Romney polls 0% black vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Romney polls 0% black vote

There are roughly 300 million people in America, there are about 100 million regular voters, and we're pretty much split at 50/50.
    scriv, amongst your lovable righty friends, how often do you get into heated discussions about political views contrary to what they may hold dear, to know just how they really feel? With the righty couple I mentioned, we can get to it quickly, and know when it becomes a finger wagging duel it's time to back off.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Isn't it the members of the extreme right faction, the tea party, who are the most guilty of hate mongering? Seems the president of Ireland let one of 'em have it!

Ron, incessant name-calling dilutes the points you try to make. Kinda like the tea party members.

Comment

The danger in this type of discussion occurs when we fall into generalities:
        "All Republicans are ..." No, they're not ALL like that.
        "Liberals only want to ..." No, they don't ALL want to do that.
        "Asians are bad at ..." "Latinos are too ..." "Evangelicals can't seem to stop ..."

I know many long-time Republicans who are greatly saddened by the public image that has been created by the folks who have taken the lead of their party in recent years, and are at a loss as to how to regain control.

I know many long-time Democrats who are furious with the current administration for failing to end involvement in Afghanistan, for backing away from the promise to close Guantanamo Bay, and for caving in to demands from political opponents.

I know Asians who are excellent drivers, Latinos who are not lazy, Evangelicals who are capable of respecting other religious perspectives.

Let us remember that not all members of an organization, class or other grouping necessarily buy into the policies or behaviors of certain public representatives of those groups.

Anybody who makes a judgment about who I am simply based on learning that some facets of my value system can often be described by certain classifications (liberal or atheist or college-educated or musician or unmarried cohabitator) will invariably be wrong in some big ways - and is no better than anyone who would just look at my skin color and call me a "f--kin' haole" without knowing anything else.

Comment

I don't like calling conjobs, republicans or conservatives, they don't deserve those once respectable titles, they are what they are and most readers can get past any label I may attribute. Hell, that I'm ultra liberal automatically means I'm a true conservative, these bums today aren't anything close. They constantly bow to Ronald Reagan, yet Reagan couldn't get nominated as dog catcher with them today, their endless whacko extremes make him seem the political god they say he is.
          Like Barney 'see my boobies?!' Frank says, "Dems aren't perfect, but republicans are nuts!". Most cons call blacks stupid, yet they're smart enuf to easily know who to side against when voting for their, and America's, best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            Most cons call blacks stupid...
            This is why real conversation with you about these issues is impossible.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I should be sorry concerning my lifetime of experience that says my words are correct? I stand by my words, no conversation is worth reversing that.

Comment

Your words are CORRECT? Can you demonstrate that MOST conservatives call blacks stupid? This is so ridiculous I can't believe you actually think it. Come on, Ron. Do it: if you're SOOOOOOOO correct, show me some numbers that indicate that MOST CONSERVATIVES CALL BLACKS STUPID. You know you can't; all you can do is fall back on your "lifetime of experience." What kind of poor, pathetic, narrow-scoped life have you lived where you have heard MOST CONSERVATIVES CALL BLACKS STUPID?
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I should link a poll?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    I should link a poll?!
                    No, Ron, you should provide links to back up your "lifetime of experience that says my words are correct". It's fine to be liberal (Democrat) just like it's fine to be conservative (Republican). It's those mega extreme views that make members of both parties look completely, utterly ridiculous. You look no better than those you accuse. And, yes, I realize you're fine with that. But it really comes down to the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

Scriv finds my statements inconceivable, just as I do his denials.

My views cover the entire spectrum, I'm both extremely liberal and extremely conservative, pulling out the best of all points from one end to the other. To say my extremes are equal to the myopic gutterball extreme right is a huge insult, my extremes are generally reserved for positive ends, but I'm also willing to meet them and beat them as needed. They are the enemy and getting worse, they've gone out of their way to prove it daily, what good is there in taking prisoners. If they refuse to play nice, fine, I'll see their nasty and raise them until they fold. They need to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X