Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

i've used the bottle version of the neti pot and wouldn't diss it. once you get past the wierdness of it, it's quite pleasant...or at least i think so.

newest pet peeveis insomnia, brought on, no doubt, by the prednisone i'm taking. i've now been up for a little more than 20 hours straight. at least my future one a day doses will be at breakfast, not at merienda time, like yesterday. suffered other mild side effects that were not unexpected.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Child-proof caps on everything. I don't need them in my household. They're on vitamins, cleaning supplies, etc. I've got carpal tunnel syndrome, and I have to struggle with the vitamin bottle every day... don't most people keep those things out of reach anyway? But the worst is the toilet bowl cleaner. I have trouble with those even when my wrists were OK.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        She also talked me into power washing my sinuses with a neti pot (stop laughing!)!! I knew my ND (& Dr. Oz) was in favor of those but I just couldn't bring myself to try it before last week. Purely a psychological block! Then I heard that a neti pot can help as a possible preventative to upper respiratory viruses so I was willing to try. Easy-sneezy! (pun intended!)
        Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
        i've used the bottle version of the neti pot and wouldn't diss it. once you get past the wierdness of it, it's quite pleasant...or at least i think so.
        The AF has been using a home-made neti pot for about three years now. She used to catch colds maybe 4-6 times a year; now, maybe once a year.

I can't bring myself to do the sinus irrigation, unfortunately, so I still catch maybe three colds a year on average - but they are generally mild (three days) and give me an opportunity to put on the brakes in a busy life for a brief rest.

But cyn - ouch! May you shake it all out soon!

Comment

My recent pet peeve is lazy inconsiderance, where people throw their trash on the ground rather than walk twenty feet to the trash can, or leave their shopping cart in the parking lot because they can't be bothered to take it to the corral. When confronted with their laziness, they won't admit it, but instead say it's not their job/responsibility. It seems to run in the family.
          Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
          Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

My pet peeve of the day: STUPID PEOPLE. "Hmm. I didn't pay a bill but EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY USED THE PRODUCT/SERVICE I DIDN'T PAY FOR, this is somehow your fault and I'm entitled to...something...somehow...and I'm not gonna pay for it. Because it's YOUR fault I didn't pay my bill. And now I'm gonna yell at you for it."

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Haha, SG you will LOVE this site called Customerssuck.com! Go to the Forums, then to Sucky Customers, then get ready to rotflyao!

Edit - try out this link
              Last edited by turtlegirl; November 30, 2009, 07:16 PM.
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Pet peeve of the day - Sandra Maloney v. the Peacocks

Comment

My wife got a 'Dinner for two' $40 value at Zaffron Indian Restaurant from the Fiji Club. That's great! I called last week and was told 5 to 9 Wednesday nights along with other nights they're open. We're both off tonight. Just got home from Mom's and my wife told me the restaurant is closed tonight. What! A friend of hers had called and now they're only open Thurs, Fri, Sat nights. I also called to double check.

Rats-N-Frats'n....
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I hate it when shows bleep swear words with that high pitched sound. It really grates on my nerves. I'd prefer it if they'd just erase it with no sound added, or use a low pitched sound instead. I'm not positive, but I think there must be more bleeping going on nowadays, with all those reality shows.

Comment

people who make almost every sentence sound like a question.

"i went to bed last night? and there was a roach on the wall? so i got up to look for something to whack it with? but when i got back, it was gone?"

Comment

Working...
                      X