This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 10

I snacked on a handful of cashews, well not even a full one and yet I was craving eggs. So, had an egg with two eggwhites. Dinner, so I hear is homemade beef broccoli, so I had to eat lightly.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
      eric and i were ono for hawaiian food (all the stuff we've been reading 'bout helena's)....
      I just found out from MAMA dat Aunty Helena passed away. I searched StarBulletin.com and found it was true.
      http://starbulletin.com/2007/07/04/news/story03.html
      Helen Chock / 1917-2007

Years of going to eat the Pipikaula, Squid Luau, Lomi Ahi w/Opihi, Salt Meat Watercress, Poi and Tripe Stew. She knew MAMA and me. She knew my children too.

Mahalo foa the wonderful KauKau Aunty Helena!

Rest in Peace.

Lynn Vasquez and Ohana
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        I just found out from MAMA dat Aunty Helena passed away. I searched StarBulletin.com and found it was true.
        Helen Chock / 1917-2007
        We played "Fish & Poi" in honor of her on the morning radio show yesterday; I never made it to her place, but co-host Braddah Gomes did, many times.

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
          Paul,
          When's the last time you went out for some ice cream? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
          That location actually closed down. Don't know if it has anything to do with my wonderful experience there... but, hooray!

To get back on topic: for lunch I stir-fried tofu, broccoli, carrots, onions, garlic and red bell peppers in sesame oil and oyster sauce.
          Last edited by Paul Ogata; July 8, 2007, 10:15 PM.

Comment

A couple of Jack Link's snack sticks, a small can of Pringles and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Two manapua and cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Dim sum at Mei Sum in Chinatown. A mixed bag. Some items were so cold, I joked they must've been on the cart since yesterday. But some were piping hot, fresh, and delicious -- particularly the garlic eggplant, always a winner.

Comment

After all that talk about Bob's Big Boy in another thread here, that's where I went for lunch today.
                  My apologies to TutuSue and to Tikiyaki.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Two slices of Northend Boston Pizza

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      My apologies to TutuSue and to Tikiyaki.
                      You can always go again. There aren't any of those up this way, but I used to go to one in downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa, long, long ago. I usually got spaghetti or fish 'n' chips (in fake British newspaper) - it's where I learned to like malt vinegar on 'em.

Today, I was in Seattle's University District, and had a chili dog from Matt's; I would not go again - blah. Should have gone with my first idea of a sausage from Shultzy's (don't worry, Scrivener - I went there just a couple of weeks ago.)

Comment

Chili cheese fries and a bottle of Sprite Zero from the HCC Cafeteria.

Comment

Shrimp Balatong (Mungo Beans) w/tangcong (ong choy) from New Cafe Dalisay on Maunakea Street.

Rice

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Loco Moco with extra gravy.
                            The hell with the diet. Today has been a gooood day, so I treated myself.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't eat lunch when I'm at work. I snack all day.

Comment

S&S saimin, which i eat maybe once a year and usually only for one reason. tummy still funny. junk to have funny tummy when you're at work. worse to have funny tummy and hear co-workers say the double-ended stomach flu has reared its ugliness again this summer. bleh.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X