A Pirate Ship? In Hawai'i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Pirate Ship? In Hawai'i?

Yes! A real, live(movie) Pirate Ship is near Phoenician Boat Works @ Kalaeloa.
    The Black Pearl for filming another "Pirates of the Caribean" story!

Hope someone gets me out there to see...
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: A Pirate Ship? In Hawai'i?

I wonder if the fourth film will include a Captain Cook and Endeavour.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Aargh, me wok the plank to Jolly Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        Aargh, me wok the plank to Jolly Roger.
        Sighs. I missed that restaurant that was in Kalihi.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          Yes! A real, live(movie) Pirate Ship is near Phoenician Boat Works @ Kalaeloa.
          The Black Pearl for filming another "Pirates of the Caribean" story!
          Hope someone gets me out there to see...
          This morning I saw the pirate ship on a mooring just outside of Heeia Kea harbor. It looks AWESOME!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            This morning I saw the pirate ship on a mooring just outside of Heeia Kea harbor. It looks AWESOME!!!
            Pictures! Pictures please!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              Pictures! Pictures please!
              By the time I found your message it was already dark out, so I figured I'd shoot photos this morning on my way to work. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain this morning and visibility was almost nil; I couldn't see any of the boats moored off Heeia Kea. I'll check again on my way home from work.

Comment

On Saturday my friends who live on Lilipuna Rd. saw it in the water here in Kaneohe. The thing gets around!

Comment

It wasn't on a mooring off Heeia Kea about 15 minutes ago, and nowhere else in sight around that area.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    It wasn't on a mooring off Heeia Kea about 15 minutes ago, and nowhere else in sight around that area.
                    Saturday people at my party were talking about seeing it and they were going to look for it when they left here. I didn't go. I just saw it on TV last night
                    I think it was by Haunama Bay.

Comment

If they're filming near Haunama Bay, they probably anchor it just outside the entrance to Hawaii Kai at night. Anybody on the east side who can check it out?

Comment

A friend of mine just sent me 3 pictures of the ship at Heeia Pier. She said Johnny Depp was kind and gave autographs and posed for pictures. They said there was lots of smoke & noise in the night so they are shooting at night.
                        The pictures were from this afternoon.

Comment

the ships name has been changed from the black pearl to queen annes revenge

PIRATES 4″ PRODUCTION BUILDING MEGA SET ON FORMER “LOST” NORTH SHORE LOCATION

A Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides construction team – mostly local workers – is halfway through 12 weeks of building a massive lagoon set on the banyan tree forest location that was used by ABC’s LOST in numerous scenes…The construction began in mid May and has to be finished by July 14 when Pirates begins filming on Oahu…

Visitors hiking the mile-long path from the Turtle Bay Resort to scenic Kawela Bay have told Reel Hawaii that the “Mermaid Lagoon” set as of last week remains “plywood and 2x4s”…It’s the most extensive and elaborate Pirates set in the Hawaii filming…The lagoon – actually a tank – mostly is being built all above ground and will be filled with water…A Hawaiian blessing was done at the site before construction began, sources said…

The set is 12-15 feet high and includes a series of pools, ponds and small cascading waterfalls. The set will measure about 40 by 60 feet…The set is being built in and around the banyan tree familiar to LOST fans…According to a Los Angeles source familiar with the design, the set will look like it belongs in that location…

The set may be used for the “hero shot” of the film

T0 build the set, the production is using 20 “artisans’ 40 hours a week for 12 weeks or at $50 an hour about $480,000…

This is the plot according to Disney: “In this action-packed tale of truth, betrayal, youth and demise, Captain Jack Sparrow crosses paths with a woman from his past (Cruz), and he’s not sure if it’s love–or if she’s a ruthless con artist who’s using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne’s Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn’t know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past…

The scene is the second one to be filmed on Oahu and at this point scheduled to shoot July 19 for five days, a Kauai source said…

At this point the Los Angeles crew – as many as 300 – will be staying at the Marriott Waikiki hotel and shuttled to Pirates three primary Oahu locations: Barber’s Point, Police Beach in Haleiwa, and the Mermaid Lagoon set on Turtle Bay Resort property…The film’s stars and executives likely will stay at the resort…

According to former LOST crew and executivcs, the Turtle Bay Resort charges productions $2,500 a day for shooting on its property and less for preproduction…Turtle Bay officials did not return several messages for information…

from a johhny depp fansite
                          the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Traffic was bad going up Kahekili tonight, so me son said, "Let's take the long way home..." and we went up Kam Hwy.
                            When we passed Heeia Kea park/cat farm and saw the pier, we also saw the pirate ship.
                            WHAT A SURPRISE!

I tried to get phone photos, but even with my max zoom it was only a dot on the horizon, and not worth posting. I must return tomorrow with my 'real' camera.

The highway there was clogged with cars pulled over to the side of the road, clogging the parking lots, and whatever.

Johnny Depp for Governor? Ya think?

Anyway, the ship looked great, very 'real.' Can't wait for the film.
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I just came over the hill from town side a few minutes ago, and there are sizzling bright lights out near Heeia Kea.

Comment

Working...
                              X