This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 7

Special lunch for a friend's birthday at Duc's Bistro. Duck breast with saffron rice and green sugar beans with creme brulee for afters

Comment

Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

Romaine and Costco greens mix with Johnny's Dill Ranch dressing, chopped celery, kidney beans and home-grown cherry tomatoes. Mmmmmm. this was so good! Followed by strawberry Yoplait and Dole grapefruit sections. I had a good lunch!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
          Romaine and Costco greens mix with Johnny's Dill Ranch dressing
          I've just gotta ask -- does Johnny know that you used his dressing?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. It's the second day of Spring. Or it's Kimo's influence. Or sumting.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri
            Special lunch for a friend's birthday at Duc's Bistro. Duck breast with saffron rice and green sugar beans with creme brulee for afters
            That sounds yummy. Lunch at Nico's today. Despite being called 'popcorn chicken' it was not finger food but more like mochiko chicken tossed in a sweet chile sauce - very good. The roast pork loin tasted like fish (bad) and the hebi tasted like fish (good). The place was packed.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              I've just gotta ask -- does Johnny know that you used his dressing?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. It's the second day of Spring. Or it's Kimo's influence. Or sumting.

He sure did! And you know what? I resisted the sampling of this dressing forever at Costco and then I finally tried it. It was so ono I had to get some! Johnny is sooooo pleased!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Top Ramen creamy chicken flavor ramen ... with chicken vienna sausage inside (it's okay, I'll take my blood pressure meds today along with my Nexium).

Oh - and ice water.
                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Today I'm polishing off the leftover thai chicken curry and having another salad with Johnny's dill dressing. the cucumbers in the salad are cooling the burn from the chili peppers in the curry! mmmm.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Ah, Erika, now that's a lunch of champions. Champion what, I'm not sure, but anyway... and hey, at least it was chicken vienna sausage -- see how you take steps to improve your diet?

Today I had leftover pork chops and rice with canned corn. I'd actually left the pork chops out on the dinner table all night, but I figured as long as I nuked them extra long today they'd be fine.

Wow... look at all the pretty colors...

Comment

Swedish meatballs, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

"Wow... look at all the pretty colors..."

I really did laugh out loud when I read that! (I hope you're okay, though).

I'd make a joke about appropriately accessorizing my chicken ramen with CHICKEN vienna sausage, but it was the only kine v.s. I have in the house at the moment. Two of my kids like the type that comes packed in barbecue sauce, but I just can't get myself to try it, reflux notwithstanding. I've just never been a big fan of western-style barbecue sauce. Local kine, shoyu-based, YEAH -- but not the other kind.

Today's fare: leftover creamy leek and potato soup from a Swanson's (broth) recipe I found online ... and ice water.
                        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Black bean chicken, noodles, baked char sui manapua with a bottle of water.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                            ...with a bottle of water.
                            You do know, helen, that you've inspired me to drink water far more during the workday, instead of sodas or sugary fruit-juice drinks? Your public shift from our beloved Mountain Dew to water is making at least TWO people healthier now...

But I will confess to having had an MD yesterday, and a Coke with lunch today - I'm recovering from a mild cold (picked up from some of our hula dancers at last weekend's ho`ike), and needed the caffeine boost.

Oh, the rest of lunch was a cup of tomato-basil raviolini soup and a few Tim's potato chips. Coming up - a shared mid-day snack at work: "Wallace & Gromit" brand Wensleydale cheese. I am not making that up.

Comment

I have to confess that I had 3 instances of caffeined soda this week. One on Sunday, another on Monday (both were Diet Cokes) and a bottle of Mountain Dew yesterday mid-morning.

Comment

I survived yesterday's suspect pork, but ended up eating out today (since the only leftovers at home were two slices of pineapple pepperoni pizza... and I'm not a fan of pineapple on pizza). So, it was to my old standby, Subway, for the daily $3.99 6" special (ham on Thursdays).

I've probably slipped more often than Helen has in the goal to exorcize high-calorie, caffeinated beverages from one's diet, but I'm still happy with how well I'm doing. I now drink one Diet Coke a day along with four or five bottles' worth of water (refilling my 20 oz. container)... rather than as many as four full-test Cokes, like I did a couple of years ago.

It's getting to the point where I sometimes think I'm drinking a little too much water!

Comment

Working...
                                X