BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

That's a bacon sandwich. What we are talking about is the addition of bacon (or some cases the discussion of other pork products) to a commerically available cheeseburger. Buy hey if you want to add a hamburger patty to your bacon sandwich that would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
      What, no love for a pile of bacon slapped between two pieces of bread?
      If I want to order a BLT, yeah.

10 years ago, I would go for such a fat-heavy food. Now, I'm watching what I put in my mouth.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Managed to go to Wendy's after work today. Not much of a long bus ride even though it is in the opposite direction. I am sort leaning towards the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger but I would like to try the Baconator one more time.

Comment

Just when are they gonna break down and put a Wendy's on the Windward side??

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
            Just when are they gonna break down and put a Wendy's on the Windward side??
            Amen to that idea. There were (are?) plans to put one in Kaneohe at the former gas station site at the corner of Kea`ahala and Kam Highway, right next to Taco Bell and about three blocks from the Windward Mall. Don't know the status of that, though. The lot has been empty for about three years. I've seen people testing the soil a few times after the underground fuel tanks were removed, and folks thought the Wendy's would go up after that.
            Plans may have changed, though. While I was at Taco Bell last week I asked if anyone knew the status, and they said they'd heard that instead of Wendy's it was going to be a 7-11.
            One of these days I'll call the local Wendy's franchisee and ask 'em wassup.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

It's times like this that I'm glad a certain ex-HT poster can't chime in - he'd be giving you all grief about wanting and supporting a Mainland chain "invading" the Islands (while then spending time and money at a few of them himself.)

I used to love Wendy's, but got really sick of it when it was just about the only lunch option while I was working on the East Coast seven years ago. Now, I go maybe once every other month or so. Perhaps you should be glad that it's not so convenient over Windward; it may become less enjoyable when you can get it more often.

So - how about a "Hawai`i's Best Hamburger" thread, similar to the hot-dog one? Why, look! There's this one AND this one - I'm getting hungry now...

Comment

Did they ever open Wendy's in Waipio and Mililani, I saw an ad they were going to do this.

Also there was a rumor one was going to open near Kahala Mall near the YMCA I think.

Aj

Comment

I tried the BK Stacker at Burger King today. The double burger sandwich combo is cheaper but then the sandwich is smaller. If you want more meat there is also the triple or quad BK Stacker.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    I tried the BK Stacker at Burger King today. The double burger sandwich combo is cheaper but then the sandwich is smaller. If you want more meat there is also the triple or quad BK Stacker.
                    *Groans* I think I'm having a stroke.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Just tried the BACONATOR, and it was okay. Wendy's keeps touting their "fresh, never frozen" beef, but the bacon seemed paper-thin and almost fake. So I'll cast my vote here for the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box.

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Or maybe replace the bacon with link sausage.
                      You must try The Shack's Shack Burger (I think that's what it was called) with a butterflied portuguese sausage in it. Mmmmmmm......

Comment

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/0...aried-diet.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                          Just tried the BACONATOR, and it was okay. Wendy's keeps touting their "fresh, never frozen" beef, but the bacon seemed paper-thin and almost fake.
                          About that claim? Note the fine print at the bottom of the Wendy's tv commercials that tout their "fresh, never frozen" beef. Look fast---it disappears in a flash.

"Fresh beef available in contiguous US and CN." So if you're eating a burger from Wendy's in any place but the aforementioned you're eating a previously frozen product.

http://wendys.com/ads/?7048.flv

Comment

After trying out Wendy's Baconator for the 3rd time today I come to find out that while the Baconator is kind of good, the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger is a slighty better made burger. While both have 2 patties and 2 slices of cheese, the Baconator uses the same type of cheese while the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger uses 2 different types of cheese.

Comment

Working...
                            X