This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 9

Chicken cup of noddles, bag of chips and a bottle of water.

Comment

Crispy chicken and fried rice from Golden Dynasty restaurant.
      You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Roast pork, brown rice, corn and peas, mac salad and a bottle of water.

Comment

Pot Roast, carrots, mashed taters, brown gravy, ice tea and HT! I'm actually getting some computer time to post. Amazing. Sorry fo' you guys today.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

CHILI! World Class Chili, Pike Place Market - proprietor (Joe) was closed for several months, due to hip surgery, but he's back and open for business.

Texas style (diced beef), medium heat, over small shell pasta, topped with shredded cheddar, oyster crackers on the side, and a Dr. Pepper.

http://worldclasschili.com/
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            I gotta give props for yesterday's lunch - went to a kanikapila east of town, at the home of Oz Stender's nephew. He and his wife made a feast for all the musicians/hangers on: squid lu`au, chicken long rice, crab, poi, rice, two kinds ahi poke, lomi lomi salmon, desserts, wine, beer, soda, juice...and lots more that I probably missed altogether, because I was so busy playing.
            Last edited by Leo Lakio; September 18, 2006, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Today I get

Mini Bento from Tropic Fish & Vegetable in Ward Farmer’s Market - $3.75. Included are marinated and grilled Saba (fish), hot dog, tsukemono (pickled vegetables), steamed string beans, daikon and kamaboko. Also pictured is an extra Musubi for 50¢ (which I actually saved to snack on later). I also love Tropic's somen salad and their Yaki Soba.

Everything's so ono and cheap at Tropic's. 'Das why dey sell out fast - usually by noon stay all wipe out.

I wish we had a Tanioka's in town. I love their fish patty bento!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Had a ham sandwich and some doritos, washed it down with a bottle of water.

Comment

The same soup as we had for lonch yesterday, and dinner last night, too..it gets better with age.

Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold, pease porridge in the pot, nine days old.

Maybe if I sing that, the kids will eat the soup again.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

McTeri Deluxe, XL Coke (only 99 cents!) and 3 McChickens. [clogged artery]
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 9

Tuna sandwiches and a bottle of water.

Comment

Mole salami sandwich with fresh mozzarella and marinated onions on focaccia.
                        (That's "moe-lay," as in the Latin seasoning, not "mohl," as in the burrowing mammal.) From Salumi, a tiny place near Pioneer Square here in Seattle, where they make several varieties of their own cured meats, as well as the mozzarella and gnocchi, fresh. Owned and operated by Mario Batali's father, Armandino.

Comment

$6 prime rib from KanakAttack. Needless to say I'm not eating dinner tonight.
                          You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Had some greek food with chicken kabobs, grilled veggies, pita bread with hummus, yogurt sauce, rice pilaf, and a greek salad. Wow...that was a mouthful.

Comment

Hamburger steak, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes and a bottle of water.

Comment

Polish sausage, chicken bake, and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X