• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Krispy Kreme Burger

I kid you not!

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/apps...FE03/606290329

Re: The Krispy Kreme Burger

Just when I thought Corndogs and Andadogs were a double artery attack, this burger looks to top it.

Deep-Fried Cheese Sticks still amaze me at who would think of such madness.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Dear lord. All the heart-stopping sin of a bacon burger, plus a disgusting, sticky Krispy Kreme pastry? Absolutely brilliant in a ridiculous and somewhat frightening way. I mean, sweet and salty is a well-known taste combination... but this is a heck of a way to get there.

Interesting in how the low-fat, low-carb, diet-craze of the last decade and a half is not only receding, but even inspiring a backlash. That is, an emphatic and deliberate attempt by some restaurants to capture the "over the edge of excess" market. Burger King's "Eat Like a Man" campaign, Carl's Jr. horrifying Paris Hilton car wash/burger chomping ad... Whew.

Comment

I remember seeing that on TV and just going "NO." Krispy Kreme donuts are way too sweet for me to handle most times. I can eat one but anymore sickens me...couldn't stomach it as a burger bun at all. I'm not much for those combinations to begin with. I remember watching Secret Life of... and they had that fried chicken and waffles meal that people loved...I shuddered.
        Last edited by kupomog; June 29, 2006, 09:42 AM. Reason: i can't tell the difference between pancake and a waffle..
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I like Krispy Kremes and I like burgers... but that's just not right.

Comment

I don't know what's worse sugar glaze with the hamburger pattie or mustard, ketsup or secert sauce on a donut.

Comment

My heart slowed down just looking at te picture.

To the person who winced at Chicken and Waffles....Don't knock it til you try it. Here in LA there are a few Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle joints and they are always packed. I tried it once out of curiousity...It was pretty good.

Think about that McGriddle breakfast sandwich at McDonalds....talk about a heart attack... A breakfast sandwich with 2 syrup injected pancakes as the bun...Yikes !

Recently after a morning of boogie bording at Manhattan Beach, me and the fam went to the Kettle, a diner right in town. They had a burger on the menu called the KONA BURGER....Grilled Pineapple and melted swiss on a burger with teriyaki sauce....Being that it had a Hawaiian name, of course I ordered it...It was the most amazing burger I've had in I don't know how long.
              For those of you on here wh are ever in the LA area...I recommend this place for that burger alone.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Pleh, I'm just not into the savory + sweet thing aside from maybe spareribs with pineapples. If I just accidentally get syrup on my bacon or something I don't feel like eating it anymore. I don't even eat ham and pineapple pizza. I'm all for trying before brushing off but...see... I'm not even going to try this bacon burgnut w/ glazed cheese thing.
                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Oh, you closed-minded people. When I saw this on the news, the guy making the things said everyone always says it's the most disgusting thing they ever heard of. Then they try it. And then they ask for another.

I can totally see this thing working. There used to be a Krispy Kreme (it only had the name, it wasn't really) in the Aiea Shopping Center when I was in intermediate school. Didn't last long. But they sold this hot dog in a long-john (minus the custard) and it was delightful.

This isn't too big a step from using sweet bread rolls for hamburgers or for tuna sandwiches -- something I do all the time. Sure, it's no good for you, but you're not going to eat them every day. I'd pay good money to try this once, I tellya.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
                    Pleh, I'm just not into the savory + sweet thing aside from maybe spareribs with pineapples. If I just accidentally get syrup on my bacon or something I don't feel like eating it anymore. I don't even eat ham and pineapple pizza. I'm all for trying before brushing off but...see... I'm not even going to try this bacon burgnut w/ glazed cheese thing.
                    Sweet+Savory = ONO to me.

Comment

Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers are pretty common here in the islands. Most burger joints got 'em under various island-themed names. Actually, TIKIYAKI BURGER would be the perfect name for one!

If you like that flavor and you like chicken, try this SUPAH' EASY and ONO...

Shoyu Chicken recipe:
                      - 5 lbs. chicken pieces (breasts or thighs), thawed
                      For Pineapple-Shoyu Mixture, combine equal parts:
                      - 8 oz. (small can) Ready-to-drink 100% Pineapple Juice
                      - 1 cup Shoyu
                      - 1 cup Sugar
                      In large pot, brown the chicken in a little oil then simply pour the Pineapple-Shoyu mixture in and simmer on medium-low until chicken is fully cooked and falling-apart tender. Turn and stir occasionally. Enjoy with rice.
                      *Optional: Add diced pineapple and chopped garlic and/or ginger for extra flavor.

Another quadruple heart-attack has to be the Chicken-Fried Steak with butter & cream-based White Gravy poured on it.. Whoah!

Anyone game for a Leonard's Malasada Burger? Nickname it "Da' Slidah".
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

All I know is that if you want to have a food blog, leaving goji berries as the latest article for days, when krispy kreme burgers are left untouched, is just unacceptable. Go eat one, and lets hear your review on your blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                          Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers are pretty common here in the islands. Most burger joints got 'em under various island-themed names. Actually, TIKIYAKI BURGER would be the perfect name for one!

If you like that flavor and you like chicken, try this SUPAH' EASY and ONO...

Shoyu Chicken recipe:
                          - 5 lbs. chicken pieces (breasts or thighs), thawed
                          For Pineapple-Shoyu Mixture, combine equal parts:
                          - 8 oz. (small can) Ready-to-drink 100% Pineapple Juice
                          - 1 cup Shoyu
                          - 1 cup Sugar
                          In large pot, brown the chicken in a little oil then simply pour the Pineapple-Shoyu mixture in and simmer on medium-low until chicken is fully cooked and falling-apart tender. Turn and stir occasionally. Enjoy with rice.
                          *Optional: Add diced pineapple and chopped garlic and/or ginger for extra flavor.
                          Yes, the TIKIYAKI moniker is something I came up with and had all kinds of food related ideas for. It's what I call my special bbq sauce which usually consists of a potpurri (mish mosh) of bbq sauce, sweet and sour sauce, chinese duck sauce, and somthing spicy....usually chinese hot crushed pepper thing my fiance gets in the Asian supermarket (she's from Taiwan)....sometimes I'll add crushed pineapple and even mandarin orange, and some sort of teriyaki or soy sauce too....it's a whole mix it, taste it,add something else, taste it process....in the end, it's tangy, sweet, spicy.

The I brush it on while bbq-ing chicken, and keep brushing it on.

That pineapple shoyu sounds good...what exactly is shoyu ?

I will try it.

With regards to the KONA Burger in question, I think it's the quality of the beef and the grill it was cooked on that made the difference. Some restaurants have amazing flame broilers that really sear the meat amazingly. Plus when you grill the pineapple it takes on a whole different flavor...

A little off topic...there is a place called the Aloha Grill in Huntington Beach (CA) that makes these chicken wings they call "Hawaiian Drums". They're made with a cherry flavored Char Siu sauce, which is the red sauce that chinese restaurants use on their classic spare ribs. They broil these chicken wings and serve it scallions and pineapple bits, and the are the BEST chicken wings I've even eaten. The place is an hour away from me and I've taken trips down there just to have these wings.

Man, now you got me talkin about food, and I wont stop unless you tell me to :-O

Comment

The grilled doughnut halves
                            Okay, that scared me a bit. I can just imagine sear marks on a doughnut now. YUM!

And I think this smilie will do the talking for me:
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki

That pineapple shoyu sounds good...what exactly is shoyu ?
                              Shoyu = soy sauce.

Comment

Working...
                              X