This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

We went to Chili's Restaurant. I had the Monterey Chicken, chicken breast with bacon/tomatoes and melted cheese, mashed potatos with gravy, and some broccoli. Man, that was some comfort food. Oh...and we got some dessert, Molten Chocolate Cake ala mode with hot fudge on top of the vanilla ice cream and caramel swirls around the cake. (Chocoholics fantasy - da wife's). We don't get out much with the keikis, but this place will be added to our list for ohana friendly. The keikis had fun with their free coloring books, and the large crowds dulled the noise of the keikis tantrums.

Comment

The big salad from Kua Aina Sandwich shop, with Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, and turkey. I love when my husband cooks dinner.

"No avocado today." Gee, what a surprise. What the heck is the deal with the avocado deficit at Kua Aina, anyway?? Avocados are ALWAYS available at Safeway, Foodland, and in BIG BAGS at Costco.

Rant over.

Comment

I was pleased to find Park's brand kim chee sauce at 99 Ranch (they just separate it from the other chili sauces, putting it in the refigerated section), so the wife tackled Chicken Alice's recipe last night. Yummy! Just the right amount of bite (it probably would have been spicier if we marinated it for the full three hours), but crisp and flavorful.

We used drumsticks instead of wings so they were a little underdone. Next time, to keep the coating from burning we'll probably fry as needed then put 'em in the oven to finish.

Comment

Roast beef with gravy (roasted all day in the crock) Homeade Mac and cheese, cauliflower and cheese sauce and

probably a PB and J sandwich for the kids that will look at the plate and say "No thanks MOm" and shove it across the table!
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Polish dog from Costco. Mmmm... healthy.

Comment

Chicken bake, chicken caeser salad and a cup of water from Costco.

Comment

Cheese snackers from KFC.

Comment

Curry stew (made at home by the AF.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                    Curry stew (made at home by the AF.)
                    That's funny because I made red curry w/ potatoes,chicken,carrots, and tofu...is that stew?? and rice tonight. The neighbor came over and said "what stinks" So I shut the door on his face.

Comment

Stuff from Arby's and a bottle of orange Gatorade.

Comment

Spencer steak, Orzo & feta cheese salad & a nice red wine from Coppola winery. Um, Um - good! (and yes, I actually cooked for once )
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

A Broccoli and bacon quiche *evil grin* My son hates this dish but my hubby loves it...gotta keep chipping away at the hubby's "fix" so he wins!

Comment

My son has "back to school nite" so we have some take out, L & L's. We goin munch on some mahi mahi, bbq chicken, bbq short ribs, and kalua pig with cabbage. We git some kohala kim chee in da fridge

Comment

Ah, tonight is "make yoa own night" so goin probably be saimin w/ spam .

Comment

Whatever I pick from the menu at Jazz Alley tonight - where we're going to see Manhattan Transfer (the AF's favorite group.)

Comment

Working...
                                X