Magnetic Anomaly - H-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnetic Anomaly - H-3

This probably doesn't have anything to do with the compass thing, but when H3 was being built, there was talk about sensors being embedded in the concrete supports and elsewhere along the highway to help monitor stress. If they were affecting compasses seems like the gyrations would happen all along the route.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
      This probably doesn't have anything to do with the compass thing, but when H3 was being built, there was talk about sensors being embedded in the concrete supports and elsewhere along the highway to help monitor stress. If they were affecting compasses seems like the gyrations would happen all along the route.
      It may be, as this part just outside the tunnels is elevated. I noticed on H-1 near pali-to-Punahou area there were some minor glitches.... maybe iron/steel supports in the concrete?
      I think it deserves an on-foot, handheld assessment, if I can get permission....

K 2
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        I think it deserves an on-foot, handheld assessment, if I can get permission....
        Woot! I'm introducing the motion that Kaonohi be allowed to investigate and assess the magnetic dysfunction near the H3 tunnel, and report back to us of his findings!!

Anyone second that motion?

BTW, has anybody done a Google search on this topic?
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          Woot! I'm introducing the motion that Kaonohi be allowed to investigate and assess the magnetic dysfunction near the H3 tunnel, and report back to us of his findings!!

Regardless of what everyone else says, I still insist the Omega Station is the underlying culprit of this Magnetic Anomaly.

Call me a conspiracy theorist.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

It could simply be the layout of copper powerlines within the tunnel causing a strong EMF that's causing the anomaly.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Read this on the Omega system....then think 'Lost'

http://www.jproc.ca/hyperbolic/omega.html

Comment

I'm tempted to at least pull over and observe my compass while sitting in a stationary or very slow-moving car.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post

Second. And while he's at it, he can bring some electronic recording device to pick up some EVP's. He'll probably pick up the sound of a conch shell and freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    Regardless of what everyone else says, I still insist the Omega Station is the underlying culprit of this Magnetic Anomaly.

Call me a conspiracy theorist.
                    OK, you're a conspiracy theorist!
                    (Better than a conspiracy realist, I guess...)

The Omega Station, when active, was the scene of some anomalies its own self! Flourescent tubes (light tubes/bulbs) would light up like light sabers, such was the electrical potential when the site was active. No more.

Why this static electric potential would migrate through a tunnel (to escape capture??) is beyond me, but as a true skeptic, I neither accept nor reject theories until adequate evidence is presented.

Menehune? Uhane? Unihipili? Quantum Flux? Mothman? Other? _________ fill; in your preference.

It is real. Wewant to know why and are taking steps to inquire. Your help is appreciated. Desired! I'll do what I can.

K?
                    ~ ~

Comment

High voltage powerlines create this effect all the time. Mike's probably right.

Comment

Re: Magnetic Anomaly - H-3 Follow-up report

No, it's not powerlines - it's wierd! We went out Friday.

A more complete report on the Halawa Magnetic Anomaly on H-3 on Oahu
                        We didn't have as much time as we wanted to explore the anomaly, but we have some important facts.
                        The anomaly begins at a Jersey Barrier (concrete revetment) on the left side of the road numbered G18 (or 618, it's hard to distinguish).
                        This is approximately 10 feet after what appears to be an expansion/contraction joint in the road bed. Three Metal bars extend across the roadway, interspersed with some other material; the anomaly begins shortly after. The roadway at this point is elevated above the valley floor by 40 to 50 feet, approximately.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_barrier
                        http://www.tfhrc.gov/pubrds/marapr00/concrete.htm
                        The Jersey Barriers are concrete aggregate, about four feet high and twenty feet long. I walked from G-18 to G-21, a distance of about 80 feet. Above the roadbed, the compass was deflected a full 180 degrees, without fluctuation. I placed the compass on top of the barrier and it returned to normal (North). Holding the compass outside the barrier, above the valley floor, the compass pointed North properly also. Approaching the first barrier, after the expansion joint, there was some slight wobbling of the compass. After passing the edge of the first barrier the compass pointed South, consistently, when held over the roadbed, deflected 180 degrees from North.
                        At this point there were no overhead wires. I was standing West of a bank of antennas in between the separated elevated highways, perhaps fifty feet or so. A warning sign alerting workers to "radio interference" was posted and noticed by a team member. Details on this follow.
                        In short, the anomaly appears constrained to the roadbed. It is not understood how outside the concrete barrier the effect is absent, when inside an automobile, surrounded by steel, the anomaly is apparent, as it is on foot.
                        I conjecture that the anomaly is intermittent along the roadway, since while in the car driving over 50 mph, compass reversal occurs at first, then back and forth motion, and even spinning occurs, as if the effect was being turned on and off and momentum created the spin.
                        Photos and videos have been created and will be forthcoming.

A follow-up excursion is planned.
                        ~ ~

Comment

We went out Friday.
                          AHA! Perhaps that was partly the cause of the fatal accident inside the H-3 tunnel yesterday?
                          Just teasing. But seriously, were you up there around that time? See what happened?
                          An aquaintance was there a few minutes after the accident and said that all the cops were wearing bulletproof vests and helmets; she thought it was a SWAT team. Apparently they were from the Immigration Service, but other than a brief mention in the Star-Bulletin's story there was nothing in the Advertiser's version. Hmmmm.
                          And while we're (sadly) used to HPD keeping freeways closed for 3 to 4 hours to investigate accidents, the H-3 was closed over 6 full hours yesterday! What the h3ll?!?
                          Must've been something to do with the magnetic anomaly. Maybe.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Me and Buzz got there about an hour after it happened. We took a quick run through the anomaly, so focused on our work we noticed nothing till we went to spin around back to WW side, and the road was blocked.
                            The photo in the S-B was courtesy of our photographer.

The anomaly does a strange thing on the side we surveyed, reversing North and South. Can that effect the mind? Or balance?
                            ~ ~

Comment

This is great stuff!!!
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

We'll call it the "Bermuda Freeway". Bhudda-Bummmmm! Bhwaa haa haaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X