This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 7

Beef Curry from Uptown Resturant on School Street!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ne/good033.jpg

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Best for a wet, cold day, phô ("combination, meat outside") from Cuu-Long II at the corner of Hotel and River streets:

I got a 'large.' My friend got a 'super.' It is a pretty big bowl of phô!

Comment

Don't really care what I ate - just pleased at the view.

I went to have lunch with the AF at her new office, 38th floor of a downtown Seattle building. Outside on the company's deck (hey, it was what counts as a nice weather day in March in Seattle, ok? Low-50's and clear.)

The views from this place are STUNNING --- Mount Rainier in one direction, Space Needle in the other, Olympic & Cascade Mountains all around (even Mount Baker was visible today.)

Plus, having the AF in view is ALWAYS pleasing!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Best for a wet, cold day, phô ("combination, meat outside") from Cuu-Long II at the corner of Hotel and River streets:

I got a 'large.' My friend got a 'super.' It is a pretty big bowl of phô!
          I like phô too, even the kind with tripe in it. I just don't like the phô with the meatballs...the texture is kinda rubbery, which makes me wonder what the heck the meat is? One phô chain up here, Than Brothers, gives you a complimentary mini cream puff with each bowl of phô...that's one real good reason to go eat there!

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I had Poi, Opihi, Raw Crab, Ahi Limu Poke, and BBQ Spare-Ribs! My opu is full!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ne/good041.jpg

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Pizza, char siu and popcorn with a bottle of water.

Comment

I ate Fried Akule and Poi for Lunch!

Auntie Lynn
                Last edited by 1stwahine; March 5, 2006, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Blueberry muffin and then a meat loaf mini-plate lunch with a refilled bottle of water.

Comment

Sauteed Kona Kampachi with miso/mayo sauce, Asian cole slaw (Japanese rice wine vinegar, mayo and shoyu) and brown rice cooked at home. Kampachi is the newest "hot" fish on the market. It's farmed off Kona and it's got more Omega-3 than mackerel or salmon and it's a sustainable food crop. One of these days, the price will come down, too (I got it for $19/lb, you can mail order it for $17/lb+postage). Some upscale restaurants are using it raw (it is sashimi grade) as part of a sashimi plate.

When cooked, its flesh is firm and flaky (the flesh is light colored rather than dark like ahi; its more like mahimahi) and it doesn't have that "fishy" taste that salmon and mackerel have. Absolutely onolicious!

Miulang
                    Last edited by Miulang; March 19, 2006, 04:14 PM.
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      Sauteed Kona Kampachi with miso/mayo sauce, Asian cole slaw (Japanese rice wine vinegar, mayo and shoyu) and brown rice cooked at home. Kampachi is the newest "hot" fish on the market. When cooked, its flesh is firm and flaky (the flesh is light colored rather than dark like ahi; its more like mahimahi) and it doesn't have that "fishy" taste that salmon and mackerel have. Absolutely onolicious!

Miulang
                      It sure is! Glad to see someone is enjoying a product of Hawaii's aquaculture sector!!!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Green chicken curry. My husband made it last night. Oh it is HEAVEN! Coconut milk, bamboo shoots, straw mushrooms, kafir lime leaves from the tree out back, chili peppers, chicken, peas and red bell pepper over a mix of white and brown rice. The flavors have melded. I'm at work so I can't accompany it with a crisp cold beer, but that would make it nirvana!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Baked chicken. One of the pieces decided to move away from my fork and ended up on floor.

Comment

Tacos.
                            Yum-m-m-m-m!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Spaghetti, with my wife's homemade sauce. Actually, our daughter did most of the cooking, making it extra special!

Comment

Made the big mistake of going to Pearlridge Uptown food court and had a Patti's Chinese Kitchen plate. Most of the lunch ended up in the trash. They haven't changed after all these years I stopped going there. Shoulda stuck with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X