This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 5

Hiked up to Manoa Falls Saturday. There was some kind of runner's event going on and there were lots of people on the trail. The first pic is this natural arch between the trees. While I was setting up, three girls came along and I took their photo with their own camera. I wish I had a copy to show here as they were monkeying around, hanging from the trees, having a good time.

The second pic is looking straight up into the forest canopy.

The third isn't Manoa Falls, of course. But it's more beautiful, I think. Good things do come in small packages.

Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

What beautiful pictures, Jim. Especially the last one!

Comment

This was taken out at Kaʻena Point. It was a lot easier to take a picture of a ʻaʻama shell than it was to try to get a live ʻaʻama to sit still for a portrait.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
        Hiked up to Manoa Falls Saturday. There was some kind of runner's event going on and there were lots of people on the trail.
        HURT 100

Extra junk to keep HT happy.

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post

Nice blue/grey sea water. Almost looks like Hawaii.
          Yeah, I've been told that Maui looks just like Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
            Yeah, I've been told that Maui looks just like Hawaii
            LMAO

Nothing gets past me!

xD
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Comment

for Jim75, i wish i could take my car up manoa fallz for a photoshoot.

Comment

nice ride integlspwr!!!!!

nice photos jim75 and eric!!!!!
                  stay forever young

Comment

Decided to see what an S 2000 really was. It's a Honda... cool!
                    Honda s2000 video
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

OMG Jim-

That Tree Arch pic just made me spit up some Pepsi. AWESOME!!

W O W Z.

Aloha

Comment

Kung Hee Fat Choy...

Click here for more photos from the Downtown Honolulu Chinese New Year parade.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel, awesome Kung Hee Fat Choy pics. Love it! I thumbed through all the other shots in your Flickr album. Just great! That S5 gets great shots! Do you know if the festivities in Chinatown carries on today? If so, me and my lady might head on down there.

Jim75, all your stuff is, as always, just amazing as well. The Manoa Falls pics could fit right into backround art for a major fantasy film such as Lord of the Rings.

integlspwr, beautiful S2000. Probably the prettiest production design Honda ever came out with yet. I think that model looks better than the NSX. That shot by Jordan Shiraki is magazine cover material for sure! All it needs is an Import Model standing next to it. Does the carbon fiber hood cut down enough weight to validate the otherwise mismatched look? Unless you like that look I suppose. Still, nice ride.

Everyone's contributions here are just incredible.

This is Maunalua Bay in Hawaii Kai at low tide, where you can actually set up shop IN the bay when it's low, as you see these folks have done...

That shot was taken from the shoreline at Kuliou'ou Beach Park. Across the bay you see the foot of Koko Head, a.k.a. Portlock, with "China Walls" (the rocky area) on the very tip.

Another shot from the same park at sunset, with homes along Wailupe Circle beneath it....

Then, way over on the west side on the Waianae Coast, you have here our Sleeping and Counting (City & County) Parks & Recreation crew getting some R 'n R themselves...

lol!

Nah, but to be fair, it was around lunch time when that shot was taken. Classic!
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

You got some nice height on that last pic, Mel. Were you standing on something?
                            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                            "
                            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Love the sandbar shot you got there Pomai. Kind of a low effort sandbar where you don't need a boat to get to it.

And I guess you also caught our tax dollars hard at work.... oh boy!

Myopic - The height I gained in the last picture results from standing on the rise just outside the fancy office building (can't remember the name) where the Professional Image copy center is located next to Remington College.
                              Last edited by mel; January 25, 2009, 09:12 AM. Reason: answered Myopic's question
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X