Hawaii Governor's Race 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Governor's Race 2014

Gov. Neil Abercrombie is seeking re-election, facing state Sen. David Ige in the Democratic Primary. Former lieutenant governor Duke Aiona is expected to run as a Republican. And former mayor Mufi Hanneman is mulling a run as a member of the Hawaii Independent Party.

Who would you like to see in the Governor's Office? Or, as is usually easier to answer, who's the last person you'd like to see in the state's top post?

Re: Hawaii Governor's Race 2014

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    who's the last person you'd like to see in the state's top post?
    Ige's the only one with his head above that cesspool, and only because I know nothing about him.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

My suggestion is for Hanohano to run. It's just so crazy that it just might work. Some people say that we need a real man like her.

Comment

From afar: Hanohano
        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

NOT Aiona. Heard too much dirt on him.
          NOT Hanneman - I remember his politics from when he was mayor.

Hanohano? The racist?

Re-elect Neil.
          Last edited by Kaonohi; February 22, 2014, 12:36 PM.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Re-elect Neil.
            No one stands out in this race yet. All the current candidates (or should I say “usual suspects”) I am not impressed with. Still hoping for a dark horse to declare. Neil made quite an embarrassment of his first term, so it’s interesting a critic like Kaonohi would throw his support behind the guy. I’m curious as to why.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Hanohano will be our mayor of Toronto, but as gov. That will make me smile.

Comment

Not Mufi Hanneman. He tried to win a past campaign by accusing Abercrombie of having smoked marijuana as a student. What a jerk. It was awhile back, but I haven't forgotten.
                Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                  accusing Abercrombie of having smoked marijuana as a student.
                  At least, it's better than um..............................................cr ack!

Comment

Ige unhappy with Democratic speech snub
                    http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...ic-speech-snub

"A gubernatorial candidate is mad about a democratic diss. State Senator David Ige claims it's because Governor Neil Abercrombie is scared of him. Right now candidate Ige will not be able to give a speech at the Democratic convention, but there is a chance he may still get to take the podium."

Anderson Joins Ige Seeking Speech Time at Democratic Party Convention
                    http://hawaii.news.blogs.civilbeat.c...-at-democratic

"Anderson’s request, issued today, follows demands made this week by state Sen. David Ige to also be allowed to deliver a speech. Ige, who is challenging Gov. Neil Abercrombie, was told by party officials that candidates running for statewide office would not be allowed to address the convention from the podium, as has been customary."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      State Senator David Ige claims it's because Governor Neil Abercrombie is scared of him ... Ige, who is challenging Gov. Neil Abercrombie, was told by party officials that candidates running for statewide office would not be allowed to address the convention from the podium, as has been customary.
                      Is anyone surprised? As you note, only Donna Kim will be allowed to address the convention among ALL of the congressional candidates as well. Neil has probably already made a deal with Kim on numerous issues, bills and campaign finance and is now ensuring she gets elected to solidify his fiefdom. As the old saying goes: Power Corrupts Absolutely.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

The same kind of crap happens at the Hawaii Republican conventions too. The favored son (daughter) for whatever big showcase race gets to speak but the challenger does not. It is frustrating.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Heard this guy on the radio the other nite and sounded pretty damn good http://www.jeffdavisgovernor.com/
                          Anybody know about him?

Comment

Mufi Hannemann announces candidacy for Hawaii governor's race
                            http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...mufi-hannemann

"'I'm very pleased to announce my candidacy today as a member of the Hawaii Independent Party,' Hannemann told Hawaii News Now. 'We plan to offer the voters a clear alternative to improve the state of Hawaii.' In making the announcement, Hannemann joins an already crowded race for the office currently held by Gov. Neil Abercrombie, one that will also feature State Senator David Ige and, should he formally declare his candidacy, former state Lieutenant Governor Duke Aiona."

Comment

Why after kicking the homeless hornet's nest to start the ball rolling into the blight we have now without any plan to aid, or his blatant indiscriminant use of rail as his big in for election to the Mayor's seat when he couldn't care less how useless and bad it could be for the island would any party even consider his name? Maybe because there are plenty of jackasses still willing to vote for him?

Comment

Working...
                              X