This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for lunch - Chapter 7

Pork Cutlet, mac salad, kim chee, beann sprouts from BBQ Hut on N. King Street. Gravy on cutlet and rice. Root Beer to drinkie.

Auntie Lynnie

Happy Aloha Friday Everyone
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

Oyster sauce chicken, mixed veggies, brown rice and bottled water from the HCC Cafeteria.

Comment

Lasagna & garlic bread (with a *gasp!* Mountain Dew) from a pizza/pasta stand in Pike Place Market, Seattle - where the fog of the past several days has actually burned off and revealed sunshine, for today at least.

Comment

Went to Ikea to do some food shopping! Had lunch in the cafe there....swedish meatballs (10 meatballs for $3.99), Lingonberry preserves, potatoes and peach soda!
        Lovena

Comment

Chicken Ceaser salad and a bottle of water.

Comment

Left ova's from yesterday!

hmmm...roast turkey, baked ham, yams, sushi, collard greens, fried mundo, noodles, potatoe/macaroni salad, vegetable salad, tofu salad, palusame, ahi poki, madako poki, crab like salad, wasabi poki, chocolate-haupia-whipped cream pie, custard pie, pumpkin crunch, etc. etc. etc.

and chook!

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; November 25, 2005, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Some say Jook.. others Chook.. others Congee.. I say it's ONO!

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Left ova's from yesterday!
              ------ chook!

I made a pot of Jook so HUGE, it could feed an army. Which gives me an idea of somehow organizing a post-thanksgiving Jook meal for the homeless.

With all the left-over turkey bones and pieces of meat donated from all the (fortunate) homes on the island, we could feed soul-warming bowls of Jook to those in need for weeks.

The main obstacle I see in this idea are health regulation issues dealing with food service. I'm not sure if those same rules apply to non-profit charitable efforts or not. There's no guarantee that donated left-over turkey and bones are safe to consume.

Well it's a good thought that just may be possible.

B-T-W.. my Jook this year came out just as good as last.. awesome. Gotta' garnish da' buggah with peanuts, water chestnuts, choong choi and chinese parsley. That's the secret!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Pomai, What a wonderful idea! Next year ~ go start something for the day afta to feed da Homeless Chook/Jook/Roscaldo! I help.

They would appreciate it. As far as cooking it and getting the permits...no worry.

Auntie Lynn of Chinatown

Comment

Chicken parmesan from Zia's Cafe. Lightly breaded and broiled, topped with fresco tomato sauce and melted mozzarella, served with garlic basil butter pasta, and with fresh veggies.
                  On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being best, I gave it a 14.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

My favorite places to eat are Spot's Inn on Dillingham and House of Dragon in Pearl City.

Spot's Inn:
                    BBQ Ribs or Meatloaf
                    Ceasar Salad
                    Any Japanese Dish they make

House of Dragon:
                    Lemon Chicken
                    Seafood Combination with Black Bean Sauce! (special request but no extra charge!)
                    Ginger Onion Fresh Crab
                    Last edited by speedtek; November 28, 2005, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                      Chicken parmesan from Zia's Cafe. Lightly breaded and broiled, topped with fresco tomato sauce and melted mozzarella, served with garlic basil butter pasta, and with fresh veggies.
                      On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being best, I gave it a 14.
                      Major drool! That sounds wonderful!

I'm still picking at the turkey and just finished the last of it. Yesterday I made 1.5 gallons of turkey soup and threw in all the leftover dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies. Really, really good if I do say so myself!

Comment

Mushroom and Swiss Cheeseburger, onion rings and water from the Cheeseburger Paradise that used to be the Waikiki Sizzlers.

Comment

I cooked Potorican Chicken Stew and Gandule Rice!

...and dranked a can of Rootbeer!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Dang...I knew there was something I forgot to do! Oh well. I did manage to almost finish my Christmas shopping during lunchtime, tho'. Less calories that way!

Comment

Went to L&L Hawaiian BBQ (Honolulu Walmart) for their Hamburger steak and a root beer. Its the first time I've seen small hamburgers (they gave me three, smothered in gravy).
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                              X