X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake & Tsunami in the Solomon Islands

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4014305a12.html
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Earthquake & Tsunami in the Solomon Islands

I saw this on the news yesterday but they were not very detaled about it yet.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I heard about the tsunami from a friend yesterday who had also heard about it from a friend...then we both realized it was April 1!!! I just learned more about it on the news. Holey Moley...it's TRUE!!!

Comment

There still aren't very many details available although a helicopter has flown over the worst hit areas and taped the devastation. They're showing that footage on CNN and on the web.

These are very remote islands and they're having trouble communicating with their capital in Honiara, let alone the outside world.

Tutusue, I hadn't thought about April Fools because the Solomons are on the other side of the International Dateline so by the time I heard about it, it wasn't April 1st there anymore. Although, news reports say the first wave hit at 9:40 p.m. BST on Sunday so yes, it was April 1.

Off the topic, in New Zealand, we used to say that you only play April Fool's Day pranks until midday and if you do any after that, then you're the fool. Has anyone else heard of that, or was it just a way for our teachers to keep the jokes and pranks to a minimum?
        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

The event happened on April 2nd in the Solomon Islands but it was still April 1st in Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
          X