HawaiiThreads.com

HawaiiThreads.com (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/index.php)
-   Kaukau Korner (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The McRib's back, but won't stop in Hawaii? (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=10807)

Mike_Lowery October 29th, 2006 10:21 PM

The McRib's back, but won't stop in Hawaii?

http://www.mcrib.com/

Damn, and I really wanted to have this sandwich that most people wouldn't feed to their yorkies again. :mad:

damontucker October 29th, 2006 11:40 PM

Re: The McRib's back, but it's won't stop in Hawaii???

Did you get to try it the first time it was here?

I tried it... and only had it that one time because I thought it was terrible.

Mike_Lowery October 30th, 2006 12:43 AM

It hasn't made a stop on Kauai in years. I didn't eat it while I was at UH, 'cause I was hooked on Paradise Palms' chicken loco moco's. I know, I know...blech! :D

Hellbent October 30th, 2006 01:17 AM

for some reason i like the mcrib and the teriburger from mcdonalds.

Altivec October 30th, 2006 07:31 PM

I wish they bring back the teriburgers.

Leo Lakio October 30th, 2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Lowery (Post 111714)
...this sandwich that most people wouldn't feed to their yorkies...

Which may explain the source of the meat...gotta do something with all those starved Yorkies, y'know...:eek:

Lei Liko October 30th, 2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbent (Post 111745)
for some reason i like the mcrib and the teriburger from mcdonalds.

As do I. I could care less about what they use in the McRib. I always get it, leave out the onions, and ask for extra pickles.

I remember an episode of the Osbournes where the family (sans Ozzie) was riding in a limo. Kelly was talking about something that sounded important, and Jack -- after passing by a McDs -- exclaims, "Ooh the McRib is back!" Kelly's pissed because her brother totally thought the McRib was more important than anything she had to say...the two get into a scrap that got physical and Sharon's not even giving a isht.

All this because of the McRib sandwich.

Pomai October 30th, 2006 08:27 PM

The McRib seems to be a love or hate affair, where I stand with the latter.

If you do like this type of rib-shaped ground mystery meat sandwich, you can pick up Tony Roma's Barbecue Rib Sandwich by bulk in the freezer section at our local Sam's Club.

achow October 30th, 2006 08:42 PM

I love eating the MCRib Sandwich! I always try to get it when it is advertised at Mconald's! It is so good but it can be messy at times if you don't know how to eat it correctly!

Hellbent November 2nd, 2006 11:04 PM

THE MCRIB IS BACK! I just ate one from liliha mcdonalds!

damontucker November 2nd, 2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbent (Post 112690)
THE MCRIB IS BACK! I just ate one from liliha mcdonalds!

so will you be back for seconds???

Hellbent November 3rd, 2006 03:23 AM

I'm thinking if I should do a mcdonalds run tommorrow for lunch...

Surfingfarmboy November 3rd, 2006 05:47 AM

You know, for those of you who might be concerned what McRibs are made with, but in spite of it all, in the back of your mind, of what you may think they are composed of, continue to enjoy them because you like them..nothing wrong with that..a healthier alternative does exist: "Riblets" by Gardenburger. Same concept as the McRib, except it's made out of soy protein. I've never consumed a McDonald's McRib sandwich, so I can't really compare Riblets with McRibs, but for those who I know who have sampled both, for what they are, Riblets generally receive a decent rating. Riblets are sold frozen, two "slab" servings per box, for around $3.69 regular price.

Vanguard November 3rd, 2006 07:36 AM

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5...h20copytc1.jpg

You guys gonna do the Ribwich -- err -- McRib tour? :P

SusieMisajon November 3rd, 2006 11:27 AM

I don't know what you guys get over there, but the German McDonald's used to have The Best McRibs...real pork BBQ spareribs, cooked til the bones could be taken out, and put on a sandwich. But then, you can also get a glass of real beer at the German (and French) McD's to go with your meal, too.

Hellbent November 3rd, 2006 01:03 PM

thanks for killing the thread. =)

SusieMisajon November 4th, 2006 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellbent (Post 112788)
thanks for killing the thread. =)

Me?! What I said?

adrian November 4th, 2006 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieMisajon (Post 112776)
I don't know what you guys get over there, but the German McDonald's used to have The Best McRibs...real pork BBQ spareribs, cooked til the bones could be taken out, and put on a sandwich. But then, you can also get a glass of real beer at the German (and French) McD's to go with your meal, too.

*finds a local place that does this* Does one exist?

Anyway, I kinda enjoyed eating the McRib a few days back. But either that sandwitch is either too big, or the other sandwitches are too small.

TuNnL November 4th, 2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomai (Post 111917)
The McRib seems to be a love or hate affair, where I stand with the latter.

If you do like this type of rib-shaped ground mystery meat sandwich, you can pick up Tony Roma's Barbecue Rib Sandwich by bulk in the freezer section at our local Sam's Club.

And much tastier than the yucky McRib! Anyone who thinks that sandwich even comes close to real ribs off the barbecue needs to have their tastebuds checked. Totally off topic, but since you mentioned Samís Club, I once worked with a Pomai at the Costco hot dog stand. No ribs served there at the time. ;)

speedtek November 4th, 2006 04:35 PM

They need to change the BBQ sauce and forget the pickles. I never seen a BBQ Sandwich with pickles! add some lettuce and tomato also!

Bard November 4th, 2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfingfarmboy (Post 112761)
You know, for those of you who might be concerned what McRibs are made with, but in spite of it all, in the back of your mind, of what you may think they are composed of, continue to enjoy them because you like them..nothing wrong with that..a healthier alternative does exist: "Riblets" by Gardenburger.

You know, the McD's sandwiches are probably made of the same basic thing... ;)

Those Gardenburger ones are quite good and comparable in texture and taste to the McRibs, but probably quite a bit better for you. The thing is, it's not just the "patty" but the sauce, the pickles, and all that other stuff that goes with it that makes up a tasty total.

(Yes I like them... sosume :))

speedtek November 4th, 2006 06:01 PM

They need to change the BBQ sauce and forget the pickles. I never seen a BBQ Sandwich with pickles! add some lettuce and tomato also!

Lei Liko November 4th, 2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedtek (Post 113040)

The pickles are the best part! I try and imagine the sandwich with lettuce and tomato and all of a sudden it just lost all appeal.

I just had one 20 minutes ago all thanks to this thread! :D

damontucker November 4th, 2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lei Liko (Post 113046)
The pickles are the best part! I try and imagine the sandwich with lettuce and tomato and all of a sudden it just lost all appeal.
I just had one 20 minutes ago all thanks to this thread! :D

So will you be having another one any time soon?

Was it worth it? How was the sauce? The last time I tried it I think the sauce was to zangy for me.

Miulang November 4th, 2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedtek (Post 113040)

They eat deep fried pickles with their BBQ in North Carolina. Actually, those pickles are really tasty...until they get cold...and then they just taste clammy and greasy.

Miulang