Weather alert for Oahu - 11/12/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather alert for Oahu - 11/12/09

BIG weather coming real soon! Look at the radar loop at this link!!! This system is huuuuge and faaaast. Moving counterclockwise, completely encircling the state. Should hit us on Oahu in half an hour to maybe 45 minutes.

Here's a radar snapshot from about half an hour ago:
    Attached Files

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Weather alert for Oahu - 11/12/09

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    [...]Should hit us on Oahu in half an hour to maybe 45 minutes. [...]
    It's been an hour. Lotsa high clouds but no rain in sight. Even Manoa Valley looks dry! This morning there wasn't a cloud in sight. While it looks pretty obvious that sumthin's up...so far so good. My daughter has friends vacationing in her condo and we've been hoping they make it thru their stay fairly dry. They leave tomorrow at noon.

Comment

Yep, Tutu, it seems to be breaking up around us. It's a very unstable system. Kinda hard to tell what it's going to do next! Still, it'd be a good idea to keep an umbrella handy.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Whew! I knew if I danced long enough...

Comment

It's gotten a little darker. Looks like, from the link above and the news, it'll hit Waikiki before it hits the windward side. *tap* *tap* *tap*

Comment

it rained a bit while we were walking around in ala moana tonight between 1900-2100-ish. not much more than that happened afterward.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

On Maui, there was lots of lightning from about 6:00 - 9:00pm, altho the thunder was rather quiet. No rain, tho. So, is that it?
              Edit: I guess it rained, but it was very light... or quiet.
              Last edited by Sharilyn; November 13, 2009, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X