About these attacks in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About these attacks in India

It seems that there are more attackers than thought. The fight keeps going on. And, when you look at what's been attacked, some places seem 'funny'..Leopold's Restaurant?

So I've been thinking this over, and here is my conclusion:

The attackers have been there for a while, lots of them, maybe even staying in the hotels. They've been watching and waiting and stocking up on supplies. The night of the attack, other ones came in by boat or whatever, and the fireworks began. Nobod knows right now who are attackers are who are not. Some may have been able to escape and get out by pretending to ba hostages. The ones that haven't been suspected or caught are the ones still communicating with the other ones in other places.

This is the only thing I can think of....mostly because of the restaurant. WHY a restaurant? My theory is that, during their long stay in the hotle while preparatons were being made for the day of the attack, one of them went to the restaurant and got bad service, or didn't like what he was served, or maybe the steak was too done, or somthing...and then the restaurant was put on the shopping list of places to be hit as a sort of revenge.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Re: About these attacks in India

More likely, it's a restaurant frequented by Westerners.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I heard on CNN this morning through a reporter in their British bureau that the attackers are believed to be British citizens, hence the ease with which they could enter Mumbai.

Either way, it's a tragedy that I hope will reach its conclusion soon. Interesting Hawaii connection with Raymond Bickson as General Manager of the Taj. Son of Andy Bickson, a founder of Budget Rent-A-Car, and model mom Joan Bickson.

Here's a link, Susie.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Its very hard to believe Pakistan would have been behind the attacks. More like someone who wanted India and the world to believe that Pakistan was. It is hard to imagine a war between India and Pakistan not going nuclear and thats just not something that any sane government would wish on its own country. But you never know, religious crazies don't function in the real world, they believe they are dealing on a spiritual level, so ordinary earthly logic and interests don't apply. The Iraq war, for example--the conversations with God, etc.

On another note, we will shortly be off to the country in Maui for about two weeks, so I will miss the friendly conversations here for a while, and come home tanned and verrrry relaxxxed. Aloha to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
          Its very hard to believe Pakistan would have been behind the attacks. More like someone who wanted India and the world to believe that Pakistan was. It is hard to imagine a war between India and Pakistan not going nuclear and thats just not something that any sane government would wish on its own country. But you never know, religious crazies don't function in the real world, they believe they are dealing on a spiritual level, so ordinary earthly logic and interests don't apply. The Iraq war, for example--the conversations with God, etc.
          Pretty arrogant level, if you ask me. They think they're God's favorite.

Of course, what do I know? I'm an only child. Never can understand how siblings willing to turn against each other, especially when it comes to gaining loving attention from their parents ... or their parents' estate.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

And yet, those attacks remind us of a simple axiom that bears repeating....

"Good men must fight the good fight harder than bad men fight the bad fight.
            The alternative is terrifying."

The peaceniks hate the pure simplicity of that fundamental truth.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              The peaceniks hate the pure simplicity of that fundamental truth.
              Meh. FWIW, they make good shields for the good fighters.

If they don't want us to get into wars, go to our enemies' territory and protest.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The attackers have been there for a while, lots of them, maybe even staying in the hotels. They've been watching and waiting and stocking up on supplies. The night of the attack, other ones came in by boat or whatever, and the fireworks began. Nobod knows right now who are attackers are who are not.
                That's what really scares me. Who knows where else in the world they might be? There's no way to tell. Any day there could be another attack ANYWHERE.

I know this sounds horribly paranoid, and I honestly don't mean for it to. Anyone else with insomnia can say these are the things that creep into your head while you're lying awake at 3 in the morning.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

This blog entry has an amazingly close picture of one of the gunmen battling police inside the train station.

Here's the original news article the picture came from. The unarmed reporter was braver than the armed police

I suppose to cut the police some slack, they're not used to dealing with well trained militants. And perhaps it was easier for the reporter to be brave because he doesn't face death and violence as often as police do. It's easy to send men into war for the first time. It's harder to send them back in, after they've experienced it.
                  Last edited by MyopicJoe; December 2, 2008, 07:20 AM.
                  "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                  "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                  "
                  Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                    I suppose to cut the police some slack, they're not used to dealing with well trained militants.
                    I'd also say that any policeman in a uniform is an automatic target for the terrorist.

A terrorist might actually consider a reporter with a camera as a friend - he will help spread the fear. And that's the whole point.

Comment

go to our enemies' territory and protest

Protesting is only fun in the comfy confines of a stable, lawful, Democracy.

Half of America does NOT want the rest of the world to have a stable, lawful, Democracy. BTW, that half of America probably disagrees with my statement above. And I'm sure those same folks are thrilled with the continuation of Gates as the Sec of Def. LOL.

Okay, fess up. How many of you don't like the good fight/bad fight axiom above?
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

I love how this discussion devolves into points of democracy, protesting, "good guys" versus "bad guys." As if such an over-simplification of terrorist activity would be applicable to the conflicts of today's world.

Comment

Yes, the 'good fight/bad fight' "axiom" goes well beyond stupidity. Fighting fire with fire may end the fire, but at what cost? Shall we willfully burn down 1,000 homes to 'save' 10,000? If we kill 10 terrorists (disregarding collateral damage) for every 100 victims of terrorism are we winning or losing?

What can we do to make terrorism less attractive and peaceful behavior more attractive? Answering that question is the only sane route toward ending terrorism. Fighting terrorists doesn't address the underlying cause, it only addresses the overt acts (usually on a stage chosen by terrorists). We will never defeat terrorism by fighting terrorists.
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                            What can we do to make terrorism less attractive and peaceful behavior more attractive? Answering that question is the only sane route toward ending terrorism. Fighting terrorists doesn't address the underlying cause, it only addresses the overt acts (usually on a stage chosen by terrorists). We will never defeat terrorism by fighting terrorists.
                            Amen, Salmoned!!!!!
                            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

We will never defeat terrorism by fighting terrorists.

So we just accept it?

Dude, that is not even cool, to me, if it is YOU who is dying. I won't stand for it for one fn minute. No way!!!!!

And if it's my tax dollars, sending my nephew, to some hole in the sand, so that a little girl, just like my daughter, can go to school, without getting her damn legs blown off, then I will pay the money gladly, and bid my wonderful nephew a bon voyage, and good luck. And he is a hero, just like Auntie Lynn's kids. And if you ever find yourself outmatched, I will help you if I am there. Peace demands action, and collective effort. Peace is not free. Nor is it the natural order of things. No matter what some guru, swami, rashneesh, dingbat thinks.

OR....... you better stand back, and enjoy the peaceful tranquility, and be thankful that you have it. And you should wish it upon others, cuz it's good. But you don't have to help. You just cannot be a hindrance either.

Man, this subject torques my bolts.

glurg
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                              X