How's this for a sandwich that utilizes Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's this for a sandwich that utilizes Spam

Apparently a lot of people in Portland, Oregon love foot carts and lunch wagons, to the point where they're calling it "food cart culture". I was looking at an article somewhere, which lead me to another, which lead me to Food Carts Portland.

There's a cart called Brunch Box and they have something called an OMG! Burger, a/k/a The Redonkadonk:

I couldn't find a photo of it (which may or may not be fortunate), but if you want a "basic" version of this without the egg, ham, bacon, and Spam, here you go:

Forget your health, this is an instant heart attack party. I have not tried something like this yet, but if you're an avid walker or bike rider, you could burn this off in a few hours. Maybe.

Add some mayo and...

...I'm in!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Add some mayo and...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      ...I'm in!
      There you go.

Portland is only about 4 hours away, so if I make it down there before the end of summer, I'll have to consider it.

Comment

Re: How's this for a sandwich that utilizes Spam

Found some photos of it:

Comment

what a coincidence. yesterday afternoon, eric and i were at the monster safeway complex on kapahulu avenue to watch the taping of the burgers on the edge burger genius contest. the taping was a food drive for the food bank plus they had a about fifteen MINIs on site since MINI of Hawaii was a sponsor and it was only a roll down the hill for us.

doris gilbert's "bento burger" incorporates spam:

Burger Name: Bento Burger
          Beef: Ground Chuck
          Cheese: Swiss
          Sauce: Teriyaki
          Toppings: Fried egg, spam, manoa lettuce

unfortunately, her burger, if i am not mistaken, was not one of the top four finalists. i wonder if being driven to the show site in a MINI cooper on tv was enough of a consolation prize. she had a pretty wide-grinned smile when she was in the car....
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            what a coincidence. yesterday afternoon, eric and i were at the monster safeway complex on kapahulu avenue to watch the taping of the burgers on the edge burger genius contest. the taping was a food drive for the food bank plus they had a about fifteen MINIs on site since MINI of Hawaii was a sponsor and it was only a roll down the hill for us.

doris gilbert's "bento burger" incorporates spam:

Burger Name: Bento Burger
            Beef: Ground Chuck
            Cheese: Swiss
            Sauce: Teriyaki
            Toppings: Fried egg, spam, manoa lettuce

unfortunately, her burger, if i am not mistaken, was not one of the top four finalists. i wonder if being driven to the show site in a MINI cooper on tv was enough of a consolation prize. she had a pretty wide-grinned smile when she was in the car....
            The teriyaki takes it over the top too. But yeah, a mini Cooper would be nice.

I've never heard of Burgers On The Edge before. I just placed a link to it in my food blog. Normally if I have to resort to a burger when I'm back home, it's:

W&M
            Tsukenjo
            maybe Zippy's

A burger made with wagyu beef sounds really good. Is it really good?
            Last edited by johmbolaya; June 15, 2009, 11:02 AM. Reason: wanted to add some more things and make an inquiry

Comment

it is definitely good, but also definitely pricier than W&M.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                it is definitely good, but also definitely pricier than W&M.
                I saw the menu and was like "ooh" but if it's of quality, it would be worth it.

Comment

As a war baby I was brought up on Spam (Specially processed artificial meat) Invented in Birkenhead just across the Mersey from where I now live.
                  At this time Popeye cartoons were pushing spinache,,,,,, Yukkky,,,, I have never touched either since. (Yet my elder brother still loves Spam fritters.)

Comment

Spam has now become expensive here as the compmany can now export to the European Islands.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                      As a war baby I was brought up on Spam (Specially processed artificial meat) Invented in Birkenhead just across the Mersey from where I now live.
                      At this time Popeye cartoons were pushing spinache,,,,,, Yukkky,,,, I have never touched either since. (Yet my elder brother still loves Spam fritters.)
                      Is your version of Spam different from the well-known pork shoulder blend?

Comment

Originally posted by johmbolaya View Post
                        Is your version of Spam different from the well-known pork shoulder blend?

We called it squirrells possoms and mice ! It was dreadful but must have improved if the can now sell it to Cyprus, Malta and other islands where they find it hard (expensive to import meat)

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                          We called it squirrells possoms and mice ! It was dreadful but must have improved if the can now sell it to Cyprus, Malta and other islands where they find it hard (expensive to import meat)

Comment

Working...
                          X